Sunday, November 2, 2008

Half Way There

Today we are at 20 1/2 weeks along in this pregnancy, so we are half-way there. It is bitter-sweet to be half way. Part of me has really enjoyed pregnancy (for all the suffering that is soon to come, there have been perks so far - like lots of guilt-free eating). It is fun to watch my belly grow, to hear the heartbeat, and just to talk and dream about having a child. But, to get that child, we must continue on and bring him into the world, so onward into the second half of pregnancy we go.

Here is the picture of the belly progression. In the picture, I don't think my belly looks too much bigger, but it is definitely taking more shape and becoming firmer.

I also have lost the ability to see my feet when I am standing straight. My socks are a little harder to put on and I love it that Ryan always helps me up from the couch or a chair. He is so kind to me. I still get looks everywhere I go. People first look at my belly and then to my eyes. At least now I know they aren't wondering "Pregnant or not?" There is no denying it is a pregnant belly. I am having no sickness and barely any swelling in my hands. I have enough energy for most tasks, but require weekend naps pretty regularly. All in all, I feel great!

We went to the doctor for our 20 week appointment today. All is well. My doctor went over the untrasound and Ben is fitting perfectly into the "normal" stage of everything. The due date remains the same, March 19th. She recommended a pediatrician and since we don't really know anyone here really well, I am just going to go on her recommendation. I really like her and she knows these doctors, so I find more comfort in that. Ben's heart rate was 150 bmp which is right about where we have been from the beginning.

The only thing that is bothering me now is whether or not I am feeling him move. The nurse and doctor asked at my 16 week appointment and I said no, then the untrasound tech asked at our 18 week untrasound and I said I wasn't sure. Now, today, the nurse and doctor asked as if they were expecting me to say yes - like it wasn't really a yes or no question, but that I would instead confirm that I was indeed feeling him move. I just don't know if I feel him or not. Even as the nurse used the doppler to listen the the heartbeat, she said he was moving all over the place and looked up with a smile and said, "Do you feel that?" "NO!" I felt nothing. I wasn't bothered by it until now. But even now, I know it is still just at the beginning of the time I might feel him, so I will not be too nervous about it. I kinda think I feel him, so I will just keep trying to feel that feeling :)

Other than that, we are glad to be home from Dallas and back in the swing of things here. Today is a super windy day and reminds us that we are indeed in Kansas! The temperatures go back and forth a lot. One day will feel like a middle-of-Dallas-winter day and the next will be a nice fall day. Hopefully, neither of us get sick with all the tempermental weather.

Here is a picture of me just goofing around today in the bright sunshine and gusty wind. I don't know that I like taking pictures of myself so much though, but hopefully all you who are missing out on seeing us in person will enjoy.

2 comments:

Darby said...

"I'm a model, you know what I mean..."
Keep the pictures coming, Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

You're hilarious! Love the pictures! Keep the updates coming!