Friday, September 12, 2008

First Baby Gift and Losing My DVR

FUN! Baby Carter received his/her first gift today. My grandma sent this gorgeous blanket for the baby in which he/she can come home from the hospital. The pictures don't do it justice because it is so soft. I love it! I have been telling everyone that I want pink if it's a girl and blue if it's a boy, no green and yellow. So, my grandma bought white! I think that is hilarious. This will be her first great grandchild! I hope she continues to feel the need to shower my baby with gifts (I know you read my blog Grandma!).
In other pregnant news, I have lost my internal DVR. We don't own a DVR for the TV, I am talking about my memory. I have always been known as the person that can remember anything - just ask Ryan how that works when we disagree on what one of us said :) I can rewind any instance and play it back for you as if you were right there when it happened. But, not anymore. At work, I have been forgetting to do things or confusing what people said to me. It is driving me crazy. I have not forgotten that I usually don't forget things! But, I was so relieved when I opened my daily email from WhatToExpect.com entitled Forgetfulness:

Forget about it: Pregnancy forgetfulness isn't in your imagination. Like so many other pesky pregnancy symptoms, it's in your hormones (and there are studies to back that up — just in case your partner doesn't buy that there is a legitimate physical cause you neglected to pick up his prescription on the way home). Even the most organized type A personality can take a disconcerting turn for the scatterbrained during pregnancy.

(I can't seem to turn off the italics) I felt better about myself after reading that. I have many friends that were recently pregnant and I heard them talk about this. I must admit, I thought they were just making excuses. But, I sincerely apologize to all of them now, because I am a believer - pregnancy makes me forget everything.

Other than that, my belly keep growing and we are getting more and more excited. Ryan finally said to me this week, "You are really starting to look pregnant!" I tired to suck in my tummy and it didn't go very far! I have embraced the joys of pregnancy and love shopping for maternity clothes - even though I usually don't buy. I don't want Ryan thinking I spend all his hard-earned money at once.


6 comments:

Trisha said...

I am so glad that you liked the "white" blanket! I thought that color would be good for boy or girl. Hopefully, if I can leave town again, there will be more baby gifts to come!

Love ya,

Grandma

Susan Jensen said...

Hate to tell you - but the forgetfulness doesn't go away after the baby is born either. I think it might get worse!

Kat said...

I second what Susan said!

And how awesome is Grandma, posting on your blog? Too cool.

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

Hmmm...I must've been pregnant in an earlier life. Otherwise, why would I be so forgetful??? ;-)

Glad to hear it's all going well! Wish you were here so I could share in the joy! :)

Lynzee Bolton said...

i'm not pregnant, so what's my excuse! i can't remember ANYTHING these days either...i'll put my keys down, and immediately break out into a frenzy b/c i can't remember where i put them!!

cute blanket!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful blanket and perfect first gift!! i do remember you being the most organized reliable follow through person EVER:)