Thursday, October 24, 2013

A "Grand" Time

World Impact hosts a men's retreat each October and it has become our tradition that my mom comes to hang for the weekend while Ryan is gone. This year my Grandma came too! The boys were spoiled. My freezer was filled. It was a happy time all around.

Great Grandma intentionally dropped quarters between her seats so the boys could find them (all because a few were already there). Unfortunately they were all stuck under the console and they maybe found three.
We wore Great Grandma and Mama D out at Applejack Pumpkin Patch. So much fun!

I think Nate got his head stuck.
 Trike riding.
 
 Sliding
 Feeding the goat with Great Grandma.
 My little bus load.
 Nate and I on the left, Ben on the right!
 Wheeee
 Walking on the hay stacks.
 King of the hay hill.
 Brotherly love.
 Scarecrow
 We have a fascination with making our scary faces right now.
 Milo maze. The boys LOVED it.
 Second to the big slide, this was their favorite - the little train.
(Boys are second barrel from the back.)
 Pumping water.
 Horse swing.
 Can you see us?
 Great Grandma and Mama D. Heaven!
 Selfie with Nate
 These are Carter boy faces! We get these pitiful looks all the time. I can't believe I caught them both with this pic.
They got to pick their own pumpkins from a big patch.
They decorated their pumpkins with stickers and glitter glue. We made the boys wait until the next day and they had them done by 7:30am while I was making breakfast! 
My busted lip. We were watching the boys play and a little boy's cowboy hat flew off in the wind and hit me straight on the chin, busting my top and bottom lip and leaving a red line on my chin. It was startling and it hurt. But, I survived it!
 Great Grandma snuck guitars in the cart at Toys R Us and surprised the boys with them later that evening. They are still playing them first thing each morning.
I am so glad my Grandma got to visit our home. She hasn't been here since Ben was only a few months old. What a treat! My boys are so lucky to have time to know so many of their Great Grandparents. 

No comments: