Friday, April 5, 2013

GOOOOOOOOAL

We signed up for Ben to play micro-soccer at the YMCA a couple of months ago. It has felt like it would never get here. Yesterday was his first practice (technically he missed the first practice because of our Maundy Thursday Easter service, but he doesn't know that).
He had on his #19 tshirt (currently his must-have) his jersey and of course his shoes that make him run faster and jump higher by 9am! The countdown began until the 6:30pm practice. He even asked me, "Can we have dinner now?" at 9am since I had told him soccer was after dinner.
He was super enthusiastic about everything the coach had them do. He ran and kicked and squashed the ball like a pro. Well, not quite, but he is naturally very coordinated so he did well. He will have a few more practices and then they scrimmage each other. That will be quite a sight, I predict.
Nate was none too happy about big brother getting to do something without him. I even brought our own soccer ball so he could play on the sidelines and he refused it and only wanted the ones the coach had. There were many tears and many not-so-nice things said to mommy about his involvement in the game. I felt sorry for him so I was too easy on him. Hopefully, he will settle into his sidelines position with the other two younger brothers and be content. I'm not holding my breath!
The gang!
His buddies Jackson, Judah and Nadia are all on his team too!
 And little brothers Nate, Justus and Tytus are the cheering squad.
 They were to aim to hit the orange cone. Right on target!
Dribble 
 Dribble
 Dribble some more.
 Weave in and out.
The coach told them to go slow. A snail could have out-raced him until Ryan explained what she meant. He got the hang of this one easily too!
Shoot and GOOOOOOOAL.
Pure JOY! Can you see it on his face?
"Squashing" the ball.
 At the end of practice they were told to sit with the coach. Ben planted himself directly in front of a random mom. She was confused at first, while we all laughed from the sidelines. Eventually, he found the coach.
 Little brother got a chance at the goal. 
The boys were just looking through these pictures with me and Nate said "Where's me? I cried!" That boy! He remembers!

No comments: