Friday, February 22, 2013

Another 8 inches!

We measured 10 inches of snow at our house, but the official measurement for the city is 14.2 inches setting the record for the second most snow in Wichita's history! We did our part to make a memory in this historic event and played in the snow as much as possible! After our four inches on Wednesday, the boys woke up ready to play on Thursday and we were suited up and out the door at 10am. We came back in for lunch and naps and then joined our friends for some more sledding at 4pm. 

The Wednesday group.
Thursday's antics. Some of this is a repeat from yesterday's video as I made this one for World Impact.
My little tiger baby. He isn't smiling here, but trust me...he LOVED the tube!
 Ben said, "Mom, my feet wont move!" when trying to make a snow angel in all that snow.
 See ya.
 "Put us in!" is what they were begging right before this picture.
 While the whole group was sledding and tubing, Ben and Bree (8) were exploring the campus (for over an hour). When I asked him what they were doing he said, "just finding some to eat."
 Helping my firstborn in the deep snow. Our friends got a good laugh at the fact that I was wearing Ryan's snowboarding outfit from when he was 14 years old. It is huge on me now and must have been huge on Ryan at 14. But I stayed warm and dry!
 After all the fun we came inside for some hot cocoa, coffee and fruit crisps. Yum!
 Today we dug out! When I say "we" I mean Ryan did most of the work, I helped a little and the boys were in the way the whole time but loving every minute of it!
We came in for lunch and a special treat. Snow Cream!
4 C of snow mixed with 1/2 C milk (soy if you are Nate), 1 tsp vanilla and 1/4 C powdered sugar.
 I love my kitchen helpers!
 Stir! 
(I didn't realize today was Go Texan day when I put on this shirt. It is obviously just in my blood to be a proud Texan!)
Toppings! Why not have a little of everything?
 
Lick the bowls clean!
 
Check out Ben's bedhead as he explains our treat.
We may never see this much snow again! Thanks for all the fun, God. We sure did have a blast!

1 comment:

Edwin and Lilly said...

Love the pics! What a fun day! :)