Our house is barely cut out of the left side of this picture.
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Thankful
I've seen people posting about thankfulness on facebook a lot lately and in the spirit of the season and today's happenings, I am most thankful for safety and security for my family. Ryan and I answered a call from the Lord to raise our family in the city and we trust the Lord with that.
Today, a terrible car crash happened just next door to our house and I had to call 911 and then stood in our doorway praying for these people as the paramedics cut one man from his truck. I had to pull myself away and remind my curious 2 1/2 year old that we were safe, the people would be well taken care of and also remind myself that the Lord watches over us even in the mundane things like driving too and from our home. We cross that street daily to go back and forth to work; often I do it with Nate on my hip and Ben holding my hand. We could have been standing on our curb when it happened. I was to leave for a meeting only 30 minutes after the crash so Ryan could have been walking home or I could have been going to my meeting, but we weren't! Of course, a car crash like this can happen anywhere...suburbs or the city. It was just a way that God reminded me today that he protects us as we follow where he has called us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's so scary. Praise God that you guys were not there when that happened. And praise God that you were able to call the ambulance and pray for the guy...
Glad you guys are all okay.
So scary... I am so sorry that must have really rocked your world (I know that it would of rocked mine). God is in control, sweet friend! xoxo
Post a Comment