Speaking of leftovers, this boy can eat! He is now eating pretty much whatever we eat for meals. He often out-eats Ben by quite a bit. We are still not doing well on signing to him so he has developed quite the loud grunt when he wants more. It is not attractive! He also throws his head back in his chair and clinches both fists (like the sign for milk if you know sign) when he wants more. Again, not attractive. We are working on that :) He has mastered the sippy cup though. He throws it back like it is the best drink he has ever had and then will often let out a big "ahhhh" when he's done. It's cute.
He finally got two bottom teeth. He does not like to let me see them, but I have caught a glimpse. He is more than happy for me to stick my finger in though so he can chomp down so I have felt them quite a few times.
He is down to nursing only morning and evening. I don't think he will have any problem weaning completely here soon. He is getting less and less interested. He has had quite a few bites of dairy products and done fine, so I am hopeful that he will not have a milk allergy like Ben did!
He continues to crawl at lightening speed to follow Ben or myself anywhere we go. He is always one step behind Ben which can often lead to being stepped on, but he holds his own pretty well. He does not let his big brother push him around one bit! He has a very distinct yell when I know Ben has pushed him or taken away a toy. Often, when I get to the room where the crime has occurred, I see Ben patting Nate and saying, "You're ok Nate. He's fine mom!" Oh boy! I have also witnessed Nate pull back on a toy Ben is trying to take or once Ben gets it Nate will crawl on top of him and try to get it back. It worries me for the years ahead!
He is still pulling up on everything and cruising quickly, but has yet to let go. He pushes a walker quite effectively, but doesn't seen to be interested in actually taking steps while holding fingers or letting go alone.
I am now trying to wrap my brain around the fact that he is turning 1 year old in 9 days. Oh my! Let the party planning begin. And quickly. It's almost here.


No comments:
Post a Comment