Both boys had their check-ups last Wednesday. I had been prepping Ben for exactly what would happen and he was saying the doctor's name and everything. I had high hopes since he wasn't going to be getting a shot. We got into our room and I changed Nate's dirty diaper (why kid? right when we get to the doctor's office?) and then Ben starts saying he needs to potty. The nurse kindly let us use the 'private' door to get out to the restrooms easier. So, off we go, a baby in a diaper, a mama that doesn't like to keep people waiting, and a toddler that is completely distracted by all the new sites. Once we get to the potty Ben is talking about everything he sees, but not going potty! Ugh. Back to the office we go. Then, he starts crying that he needs to poop! Loudly! He's never said that and not needed to go so back to the potty we go. Nothing! Now, I am frustrated and tell him to just get over it because I have figured out he doesn't actually need to go. The nurse takes us to the big boy scale to be measured and weighed (which happens to be right beside the waiting room for all to see) and Ben starts screaming "I need to PPPPOOOOOOOOOPPPP!" It was lovely.

We did get him measured and weighed and he comes in at a healthy 29 pounds (35%) and 35.5 inches (10%).
Nate didn't make near the fuss and weighed in at a healthy 20 pounds 8 ounces (35%) and 28.5 inches (60%). We think Nate is quite the little chunk and were surprised that his weight is only in the 35%. Gracious! I can't imagine him being much bigger for his age.
I did have the doctor look at his gums for signs of teeth. Remember, me proudly blogging that we saw a tooth. We were wrong. It is just a cyst that is harmless and will go away - not a tooth! The doctor said nothing was coming anytime soon. Oh boy!
We continue to struggle with Nate's sleeping. With a clean bill of health from the doctor we are sure that he is just in a bad habit of waking and nothing is actually wrong. That means I am not near as sympathetic when he wakes me up multiple times during the night. We are trying to get him to put himself back to sleep and it is a tough battle to fight - especially with a sleeping toddler just down the hall. It has gotten some better, but we aren't sleeping soundly yet!
Flu season is coming and both boys got their flu shots. Ben didn't even flinch! As I think about all the struggles of raising these two crazy boys thus far, I am so thankful for their health. Neither kid has had any serious illness or even serious cold yet. We have had a runny nose, but no need for antibiotics or any other prescription! That is a blessing. We also haven't had any blood and guts accidents - even with the couch slides Ryan and Ben make! Ben's friend Jackson (just 6 months younger) got stitches last week for the second time in his young life. My greatest fear is having to take one of my boys (Ryan included) to the emergency room. So much to be thankful for even when they publicly scream about poop and wake at night for no apparent reason.
1 comment:
I love that the comments about Ben's poop are followed by that picture of his hands covered in brown goop. Ewww.
Post a Comment