I am way behind...but we did have good birthdays/4th celebration. We all four had a bit of allergy mess or a little cold, I don't know which, so none of us felt our best. We enjoyed an extra day off and grilled some yummy-ness and listened to our neighbors pop fireworks forever it seemed (they started a week early and went a few days late). Ryan turned 30 this year! I kept thinking we should do something big for him, but we just aren't that type. My mom watched the kids for us while we were in Midland the week before and we went to dinner so that counted as our anniversary and birthdays celebration. I joked with Ryan that we should have a big 30th party in January since I will be 29 1/2 and he will be 30 1/2. At least the weather will be cooler (or frozen).
Food really is the best present. Steaks, corn, zucchini and squash served with pita and hummus. Delicious!

Nate and I wanted a pic of ourselves too so we found our reflection in the back door.




1 comment:
give me my family and some meat any day. that's what i call a birthday. i guess i am a simple man, but i really enjoyed our birthday celebration.
Post a Comment