Friday, June 3, 2011

I'm THAT mom now


We did it! We bought our first minivan. And I couldn't be more excited. I have been driving Ryan's truck and there is just no space for anything or anyone but the two kids. Now, I feel like I have room for everything I could possibly need to put in there. For now at least :)

We have been crunching the numbers a lot lately and trying to see what our options are. We have looked online and done a bit of research. On a whim, we went to a dealership a week ago just to see what kind of deals they had. We knew we were buying used. We knew we had a very limited amount of money to spend! We knew that would limit our choices. We found something that was just too good to pass up. This van has only had one owner and is exceptionally clean. It is older and has a lot of miles on it, but apart from our Texas trips, we don't drive more than 150 miles in a week! We are hoping to get a lot of good years out of it yet.

Since we knew exactly how much we could spend, we were pretty set on getting that number on paper. We sent the saleslady back behind the big glass windows a few times to talk with her manager. She never seemed very happy about it, but always came back with a good result for us. After we finally got to the number we wanted she would not stop telling us how good of a deal we were getting. It really felt like she was trying her best to make us feel guilty about getting such a good deal. We haven't felt guilty about how much money we left there and we don't plan to! We finally picked up the van yesterday and traded in my car for good! Now, I just need a good name for my new van!

1 comment:

Edwin and Lilly said...

You have joined the mini-van club! We'll be living vicariously through you and your new ride! :) ~lilly