Ben started our day at 4:45am. Lovely.
Nate joined him at 5:15am.
Ryan and 4 other (un)lucky souls had to go shovel snow at 7am at World Impact. He said there were snow drifts up to his waste. The temp was zero and the wind chill was -19.
Then Ryan had to shovel out our driveway and scrape the truck because I had a much-anticipated lunch date with a girlfriend.
I got ready for my lunch while Ben went down for his much-needed nap in which he just screamed for almost an hour.
I got him up and hoped the best for Ryan and left for my lunch date leaving Nate well fed and sleeping soundly. We fishtailed a few times, one scarier than the others, but we made it there and back and had a fabulous time.
The snow blew so hard that it created beautifully sculpted snow drifts like on the hood of the truck.
I got home to find that Nate had woken from his nap 10 minutes after I left (he wasn't expected to wake until I got home) and Ben had been refusing to listen to anything Ryan said. (He is hopefully getting molars bc this bad behavior needs to hurry up and go!)I fed Nate and he went right to sleep which is not his usual routine but neither is screaming for an hour. Ryan put Ben down and he went right to sleep.
All is well in our house...for now.
For some reason, these days make me laugh. Nothing goes right. No one behaves (me included sometimes). And somehow we all still make it through and life goes on.We have a dinner/meeting tonight for work. Fingers crossed that Ben behaves for the two other dads that are doing childcare. Ryan is teaching so Nate better behave for me :)
Until another crazy adventure in parenting occurs...

2 comments:
Just replied to your email. Busy day, eh? I'll laugh with you today. Lord, grant us the patience and strength to make it through today and let every action towards our children and husbands whisper your name!
Oh, and I'm loving the black and whites! ;) Certainly tells your story!
Thanks for sharing your day! Yup, amen to days like that. haha. I'm also loving the black and white photos. Very classy! --Lilly
Post a Comment