Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Christmas Picts, NC trip picts and more...

Biggest update - Ben has a new tooth on the top. I totally missed that it was coming in. I heard him grinding his teeth and wondered how that was possible since he only has two bottom teeth. I stuck my finger in and quickly learned that he has a top tooth almost half way through. Oh my! Anyone have suggestions for stopping the teeth grinding or is it a phase that will pass?

My son has gorgeous, long locks. He was so cute in the tub tonight. And, I realized I hadn't gotten a picture of him in his towel in a long time. Ah...


I recently learned that Ben and Ryan have a tradition in the morning. Ben eats breakfast earlier with me. Then, he gets to sneak some Cherrios when Ryan eats his breakfast. Maybe it would have been better had I never known.

We took a trip to North Carolina over the MLK holiday to visit Uncle Randy, Aunt Becca, and cousins Wesley, Jeremy, Avery, Olivia, Justin and Valerie. Yes, Ben met his 6 cousins! I was a little nervous about how he would respond to all the activity, but he jumped in with both feet and had a blast. Olivia is 4 and played little momma the whole time. They all loved "baby Ben" but Olivia was like his shadow. We are so glad we were able to go.

Snuggling with Jeremy.

I got to relive my childhood and use an Easy Bake oven with Avery and Olivia watched hoping to sneak a lick of icing.

Olivia, little Momma.

Jumping for the camera.

Jump like this, Ben. He wasn't too thrilled with his first experience in a Johnny Jump Up.

More love from Olivia and Jeremy jumping in. Ben giggled like crazy every time Jeremy let him rub his head. It was fun.


Here are some pictures that I promised from Christmas in Texas with Grammy and Papa Tom.

He got his first new toy box and it was full of toys!

But he chose to carry this around for an hour.

Grammy has the biggest tub in the world. Can you see Ben's head?

Ben had never had an opportunity to climb stairs. He found them and immediately proceeded straight up to the top without missing a beat! With me very very close behind of course.

Saying Bye Bye to Grammy and Papa Tom.

This was Ben's first time meeting Great Grandad Bud and Great Grandma Dot (Ryan's mom's parents). We are thrilled they were able to meet. While Ben is squirming for the picture, he loved pulling up on Great Grandad's legs and Great Grandma's blanket the whole time we were there. And they loved every second of it too!

2 comments:

Cara said...

Wonderful pics! On the teeth grinding, Max did it a lot! I hate that sound too. The doctor said not to worry about it, that it's just a phase they grow out of, its a strange sensory thing. But I still tried to distract him by blowing raspberries or making a different noise so that he would do that instead because the sound drove me batty! :)

Lauren Zaffos said...

SO cute! He does have some beautiful hair. Glad you all had a good time, and i love the picture of him in the big ole tub with his little head peeking out :0) Did you get my FB comment about Feb. 8th? Just checking. Can't wait to see u!