We also tried another Kansas thing. Remember, our first was the volleyball game where we totally wore the wrong color. I saw a commercial for a corn maze and just had to look into it. We went to a corn maze about 30 minutes south of Wichita. I really didn't know what to expect and must admit I was a little hesitant when we drove up to it. It is a 'mom and pop' type p
lace. The people were thrilled that this was our first time there. I guess they get a lot of regulars. This aerial shot and lights in the dark are things I stole from their website. Cool, huh. This picture of us is very unflattering, but it was a good idea, so I thought I would share it anyway. The corn was about two feet taller than us, so once you were in, you really couldn't see much. They did give us a map and there were 150 trivia OK - now for the stuff many of you really want to know. The 16 week check-up!
Mom and baby are doing great. Remember, at the last check-up they couldn't find the heartbeat and the doctor had to do a sonogram and I was completely freaked out. This time, the nurse prodded on my tummy a couple of second, put the doppler down and immediately we heard the heartbeat. It was great. The heartrate was 147 bpm. That is much lower than the previous times and I think that is all attributed to me being calm this time around so that my heart rate was normal. Weight gain is going great. I never can remember what I weigh (or maybe I subconsciously try to forget), so I asked the nurse how I was doing. She looked at the computer screen and said, "Oh WOW!" Now, normally, when I hear a reaction like that, I think negative things. I said, "WHAT?" and she immediately said, "Oh no, that was a good wow." But then she left it at that. So, when the doctor came into the room, I asked again about the weight gain and she said I actually haven't gained anything since my 12 week appointment and have only gained 9 pounds total. Yeah. I really feel like I eat just like I did before getting pregnant with the absence of guilt if I do splurge for an ice cream or other wonderful treat. But, really I am just trying to keep doing what I was doing.
I am scheduled for the gender-telling sonogram in two weeks - mark your calendars - Oct 20th. The doctor said I could have done it next Monday because I am already 16 1/2 weeks, but I wanted to wait just to give it that extra bit of time to prepare the baby to participate and show us everything we need to see! Ryan and I will begin our parenting techniques now in telling the baby just how we expect him or her to behave in the sono room :) We will let you know how that works out for us!
5 comments:
Oh, how I love checking your blog:)
Peter and I were so excited about your corn maze, that we just looked one up! How fun! We'll have to go this weekend.
I love your 8, 12, and 16 shot timeline! So cute:) We will definitely be praying for you guys, and checking in to see the results of the gender sonogram :)
We thought for just a second that you see a bright, lighted "Corn Maze" sign from your window--SMILE!
I want to know what the person was "Oh WOW"ing! I think they know if little Carter is a Miss or a Mr. (but I won't ask if they told you already, I'll wait like everyone else.).
You're beautiful!
She was "Oh WOWing!" my weight gain. That is why I was so nervous. No sonogram at this appointment. On the 20th though I will be telling everyone what we find out! We are too excited. I am just bummed my dr. doesn't do this sono - I go 'upstairs' and have special orders for it. Oh well! I already made Ryan promise to block out his whole afternoon that day so we can go register for some stuff! Wanna come with me, Darby? I could use your help.
I was thrilled to get your picture of the view from your kitchen window, but more excited to hear about the corn maze. I have seen several of them on TV and wished that I could try one. I'll bet it was fun! You look darling to this old "Grandma"; we are anxious to hear about the sex of our first great grandchild!
Love ya,
Grandma
Are you sure you aren't just pooching that stomach out?? :)
Post a Comment