Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Farmer Tan

My new role at World Impact is multi-faceted. Two mornings a week I work outside keeping up the grounds at World Impact and doing small (and not-so-small) projects. For the last three Tuesdays, I have been helping Ryan re-screen a screened in patio at another missionary couple's house. We took off the molding and old screen, hung new screen, cut some new moldings and re-hung the usable ones, stained the new pieces and water-sealed it all! Whew. I even used a power saw - my dad would be so proud. Even though we work in the morning hours, I have still been increasing my farmer tan. If any of you are unfamiliar with the term farmer tan, it means that my shoulders and tops of my arms are constantly covered by my t-shirt so they remain very white, while the lower part of my arms are exposed to the sun and are getting a very nice tan.

This is the porch. Nice work, huh!

And, I am not only working outside for World Impact, but our new home needs a LOT of work on the outside, so we try to get out in the yard and do things to make our property look better too! I guess I will just have to embrace my farmer tan - but I don't want to!
Picking up random broken branches and trash that we inherited with our house.

Clearing away random, mysterious plants from the side of our house.
Who knows what I dug up!?

Anyone know what these are? They are in the dumpster now.

2 comments:

Trisha said...

I guess I am too old to use this blog. I tried to post a comment and nothing came up. I said that they plants looked like some kind of a blub, but there were no dead blooms, I would have dug them up as you did!

Love ya,

Grandma

lauren Zaffos Photography said...

I think it might be a ginger plant. Did it smell sweet? We had those suckers all over at our house in Houston...they grow crazy fast!

Your new house is so cute! I am excited to be able to keep in contact with you guys:)

Oh, and I am so sorry about your farmer's tan:) Sounds like you need a day at the pool!