If you follow us on facebook, you've seen a few of these already. But for those of you that don't, here they are!
Stay-cation - May 27 - June1 and then fun at Riverfest until June 6
First thing first! I gave them summer hair cuts while Daddy was teaching class the night before Stay-cation began. They begged and I got brave enough. They are the coolest dudes around.
First thing first! I gave them summer hair cuts while Daddy was teaching class the night before Stay-cation began. They begged and I got brave enough. They are the coolest dudes around.
Daddy had a meeting we forgot about so the boys played outside all morning. It was perfect weather.
I peak out the windows to make sure they are safe, but maybe it's better I not know when they do things like this. But they always do and no one has broken a bone yet, so I just let them be.
Daddy's home! We loaded up and headed to MSR Camp & Retreat Center - owned by World Impact. I know, we were on Stay-cation and headed to a WI camp? But, it is a super fun place with a tiny staff of 5 with 560 acres to care for! One of the staff there, Audrey, had started their new website and needed some help. I recently created a new website for World Impact Midwest, so we decided to make an afternoon of it and I would help her and all three boys could play and just hang out. It was perfect. And they even let us stay for dinner since it got late and it was an hour drive home!
And, after phone conversations every day and a stop by my house this week, the new MSR site is looking amazing. Check them both out. I'm quite proud of them!
And, after phone conversations every day and a stop by my house this week, the new MSR site is looking amazing. Check them both out. I'm quite proud of them!
Boys and their toys.
We went to the zoo! This has become our unofficial photo place!
They LOVE wearing matching clothes now and I am totally digging it. They get all excited about matching - all the way to the socks.
The "tropics" at the zoo was under construction for a year so we were super excited to check it out. It did not disappoint. Tropical birds walk right over the walking path, bats were hanging from ropes just above our heads. Love it.
We had some baseball practices in there. Ben C is the base runner and Ben A is the third basemen. I don't remember why, but the batter took forever so the Ben's chatted a lot! After practice Ben said chatting with Ben was his favorite part!
Riverfest kicked off Friday the 29th with a parade. The boys and I have gone with friends in year's past but we got Ryan to join us this year. Hooray!
Nate has a thing for the Wichita State mascot WuShock. He waved and called his name, but he never turned toward us.
Riverest has bounce houses! Not my favorite thing, but my boys sure do love them. And the lines are never too long.
Super cool inflatable. Like the big red balls on Wipe Out. Ben was awesome at it. When he sets his mind to something, he does it!
This was as far as Nate got. He even waited in line another time but then came right back out before even starting. Which is so crazy to me because he is fearless about other things.
The best inflatable? The mechanical bull. They both tried, but they fell so fast that I only managed to get video of Nate. They weren't willing to try again!
We grabbed a spot along the river and watched jet ski races. The weather was almost chilly! I had a sweater on. So perfect.
Some love for Mommy at the free baseball game.
Root for the home team - Wichita Wingnuts (Who thinks up these ridiculous names?)
After the game, the kids got to run the bases.
Nate didn't know what to do after he made it around SO he went again. He was the only kid that went twice :)
We made Daddy a gluten free cherry lemon bar. And we ate it too!
So, I usually let Ryan take the "usies" bc I am terrible at it, but he isn't always with us. We got to see a free Children's play about kittens telling the truth. It was short and sweet and noisy with all the young kids - perfect!
We made our silly faces after the play as we roamed around the river.
What? The river tours are free this year? We will be back!
We were so hot that day that we came home and made fresh squeezed lemonade. It was so good. We made the simple syrup on the stove and everything.
And more baseball - tball this time for Nate. Daddy was teaching his class at the prison and we missed him being there.

Our favorite part of Riverfest is Touch-a-Truck. They bring every big truck imaginable and line them all along a bridge over the river. And you can get inside all of them and honk the horns! Yes, the air horns on those massive trucks which are all lined up one right after the other on a bridge! It is noisy and hot and FUN!
Bomb squad truck.
He wasn't strong enough to honk the horn. Neither of them ever pull the air horns bc they can't stand how loud they are.
Tank.
Our best friend, Jackson is on the stretcher! Of the three, he is the only one that has been in an ambulance and could possibly be the next. ha.
"Usie!" Carters love Touch-a-Truck
He wishes he could ride the bus so bad.
Party bus. Do not get any ideas, boys! (But it was air conditioned so of course we took a minute in this one.)
The reason Ryan goes every year. This dude is massive.
The reason Ryan goes every year. This dude is massive.
Daddy had to leave at 6:30pm for a meeting so we stuck around and got our free river boat tour. Loved it!
But, we were exhausted! I did tell them to make their most pitiful faces for the pic though.
Surprise. My mom got us a new grill for Ryan's birthday present. Score!
Today was it's inaugural grilling!
So good.
After lunch we had Ben's baseball practice and then the boys and I went back for the last day of Riverfest. Ben dug in his own piggy bank to get the money to make the donation to ride these horses.
After riding I told him my Granddaddy would have been proud bc he taught me how to ride. His eyes got big and he loved that I knew how to ride and his Great Granddaddy had taught me. I am sure we have talked about it before, but it was news to him and he loved it. A sweet moment.
Ben
Nate
We found a spot on the river and watched the "Cardboard Regatta." Teams had an hour and a half to build a river worthy vessel from cardboard, a pool noodle and duct tape. It was hilarious. They had awards for best time, farthest down the river, best design and most spectacular sinking. Just something funny to watch and cheer for.
For whatever reason, there were no lines on the last day at the bounce houses. So they bounced and bounced and bounced. It was so hot waiting for them.
I said, "Say goodbye to Riverfest" and this is what I got. Ben was so hot even though we took and drank a ton of water, we were all needing more.
After every day I always ask the boys, "Who had the most fun?" And they always say, "ME!!!!!" I think they are totally wrong. It is always ME! I try to argue that sometimes, but they never let me win. But walking hand in hand with a boy on each side just makes my heart sing. I honestly don't even remember too much little boy bad attitude. We laughed and had a great time together. Food for my soul! I am one blessed mama!












































No comments:
Post a Comment