I remember so vividly the day you were born. We had not even lived in Wichita for a full year yet, everything and everyone still felt so new. I was excited and nervous, but confident! My mom and sister drove through the night to come meet you at the birth care center. I wasn't asleep anyway! I just stared at you or held you all through the night while your daddy slept on a sheet-less, broken couch bed.
These past four years have been an absolute pleasure! Being your mama is one of the greatest privileges in my life. You are a complete joy. You remind me so much of myself that it drives me crazy. You are strong willed, stubborn and always know what is best (or at least better than what I chose for you). But you are also extremely kind, always caring for others. You (usually) stop to help your brother when he falls or grab the hand of the littlest kid when you are all running and playing together.
Since you were very little your dad and I have thought you were super smart. You are so very interested in letters and words and how reading works. You ask "why" all the time and you actually remember the answers I give and call me on it if I give a half-hearted answer, usually from the back of the van which is when your mind seems to go into overdrive! You just got new shoes that you think make you run faster and jump higher and you have been showing everyone we meet. Hearing you say The Lords Prayer or a prayer of your own over dinner melts my heart. You know the stories in your Bible just by the picture on the first page. You know almost all the words to our "critter" stories we read at night (Mercer Mayer).
You are shy, but confident. Tender, but definitely willing to put up a fight. Willing to lead, but happy to follow along with others. You are an amazing son and I can't wait to see how you continue to grow!
All my love,
Mom
Click to enlarge to read.
His freckles are so sweet!
Carter blues.
His laugh! It's absolutely infectious.
Aaaaa-chooooo.
Super strong.
Quite a good baseball player!
And a few of little man, Nate.













No comments:
Post a Comment