Sunday, August 19, 2012

July Update - a month late

We kept busy this summer. We thought July would be a slower month, but right before it started I was asked to cook for our mission trip groups that come weekly through July. The actually cooking was quite easy, but going across the street for a few hours a day, three or four days a week with both my boys wore on us all. And we got tired of eating the same foods too. But, it was a change of routine and I like that sometimes. I was able to bake a lot, which is my favorite thing in the kitchen! 

Like last summer, this summer was blazing hot. The boys played outside in the mornings and then we stayed indoors or ran errands in the afternoons. Ben mastered turning the water hose off and on and much mud was made this summer!

Thank you Pinterest for this sidewalk paint idea - cornstarch, water and food coloring!
Goes on with the color and then dries white. Washes off with water.

 Joy

 They were showing me how dirty they got. I was a bit nervous about the food coloring washing out, but it was no problem.
When were weren't outside...
 Nate's trick. He has done this since he was able to walk. Weird. Random. Funny.
Nate's favorite color is...
Some indoor fun.
My boys are already shaving.

More mud.

 Reward for a hard morning of working in the sandbox - pureed oranges made into popsicles.
 We even went to a friend's pool one morning. It took Nate a while to get his nerve to get in. Then, twenty minutes before it was time to go he was jumping and splashing and I had to drag him out. 
 Friends
 There was also a sport court - my boys loved it! They are really into tennis lately. I think it is just because you get to hit something with something else.
 Love that belly!
 Ben and Maren shootin the breeze. We saw Maren almost every day this summer!

No comments: