Saturday, May 19, 2012

Warm Weather Happenings

A brief update in words and then loads of pictures and videos.

Ben has started eating again! I am beyond excited, but still trying not to get my hopes up too high. Most days he skips a meal completely and some days he barely eats at all. We don't know why. In just the past few days he has started eating a decent amount of food (of course, Nate still easily eats double what Ben eats). He seems a little happier even. Or maybe that is just me. And he has started napping again! He was just playing quietly in his room from 1-3pm every day, but recently he has been sleeping 2-3 hours and a few days even longer! Weird. 

Nate's language is really taking off. He jabbers constantly and I can understand a word or two in each sentence. Videos at the bottom. He has pretty much given up his morning nap, but not completely. Honestly, he still needs something but he wont sleep. By noon he is exhausted. We put him down at 1pm after lunch and he will only sleep an hour to hour and a half. Ugh. So, sometimes he and I are up playing for a good hour, sometimes two, before Ben comes to join us. 

My routine isn't very routine anymore, but what about raising young children is routine?

Alright, enough words...here they are!

Aren't they so cute in their matching shirts?! Nate obviously wasn't in the mood for a picture.
Mother's Day
First, a trip to the zoo. 
 Feeding the giraffe with Dad.
Then, to the patio of World Impact after naps. 
Love 'em!
 Finally, he posed.
 Caught Nate.
 Apparently, Nate was tired because we got these two pictures!
 
 Ben insisted on swinging. 
July 2009 - Wow! What a difference three years makes!
 Back to Mother's Day...I wanted a pic of me and my boys. They were NOT in the mood. Ryan took these two gems and said it was me "mothering." Sadly, he's right.

Other Recent Happenings
 With this great of help, I don't understand why my house isn't spit spot all the time!
 Bubbles on the patio.
 Reading books with Auntie Lynn. 
 Nate's first time-outs. 
Now, before you get all worked up...He completed his time-out, we gave hugs and kisses and then I asked if I could take his picture and he went and sat back down. It is a perfect representation of how sad he did look in time-out though. However, he completely deserved it! No doubt!
 Me, a time-out?
Yes! Yes indeed!
 I caught him reading alone after we came home with 26 kids books (and 8 Ryan books) for $15 at a local used book sale. FUN! We haven't stopped reading them since!
The boys had gotten wet outside and so they were stripped to underwear/diaper. They disappeared to play and came back like this...
They both love music.
Nate's words.
He says "Yeah" all the time! All. The. Time. I can be asking Ryan or Ben a question and hear a "yeah" from across the room. But, he does know how to actually use the word. He shakes his head "no" if he doesn't want to answer in the affirmative. 
I have excellent helpers.

1 comment:

Edwin and Lilly said...

Just now finally catching up reading your blog! Great photos and videos of the boys! They grow up soooo fast! And I like the photo of you "mothering" the boys on mother's day... Ryan caught you in real action! :) And the matching outfits are awesome!