Tuesday, February 21, 2012

The Simple Things

With all this sickness around our house there has been a direct correlation between whining and sleepiness! I am trying to relish the small things that make me smile. It helps me keep perspective!

Ben has been telling me lots of stories about "when he was a grown-up." He had the ladies at Hobby Lobby giggling when he very seriously said, "When I was a grown-up I saw a squirrel on the bird feeder." Random. A couple of days later I asked him when exactly he was a grown-up and he said, "When I was 300." Must have been his past life :)

I was getting a little jealous that Nate had totally quit saying mama. These last few days all he does is say mama! Thanks, kid. You know the way to my heart.

Nate has been talking on the phone a lot lately. When I ask "who's there?" he will put the phone to his ear. When saying goodbye to Ryan on my cell one day with Nate on my hip, he said, "BYE" for the first time. He also says "Amen" after our meal time prayers.
I ended up sleeping in Ben's bed one night when he woke at 3am and wouldn't settle back in. The next morning every muscle in my body ached. Thanks to our tax return money, we were able to immediately get him a new mattress and the boys have had a blast climbing the old one.
So glad these days are behind us. 
 And hope these days are here to stay. 
 Thank you Lord for sunshine!
 One more project down! I wrote this on the wall of the playroom. (Click the photo so see it larger.)
Nate is a bobble head. He nods yes with such vigor!

No comments: