Thursday, December 10, 2009

Happy 9 Months


I don't know why, but this milestone is harder for me than any of the others. I can't believe he is 9 months old. I carried him in my tummy for 9 months and now I have been able to hug and kiss him for 9 months. It is going too fast.

He loves to dance to the music. He normally naps from 10:30-12pm. But, at church, he is wide awake during all of worship. It was reported by more than one person that he was clapping to the beat last week. He loves is. However, as soon as the preaching starts, his nap begins on my lap. His daddy's voice must lull him to sleep.

He still crawls at lightening speed and pulls up on anything and everything. He continues to play independently which he has done since very young. I am so thankful for that. Since he is so mobile, he usually plays under my feet, but is content to let me do whatever I am doing. Whether washing dishes, blow drying my hair, working on the computer - he is right there!

He is eating much more table food now. I can't think of anything he has refused yet. When he is full though he shakes his head from side to side. So much for sign language. Or, maybe that is his own special sign for all done.

We have had some very cold days so far this week. Yesterday, the high temperature was 16 degrees. Wow. It is harder to get out of the house having to bundle Ben all up and then bundle myself. And, it isn't even winter yet! I have a feeling I will just wear my snow boots all winter just in case there is snow or ice. I can't risk falling down while holding my little bundle. Of course, we will have so much padding maybe we wouldn't get hurt :)

Aunt T sent him this so cute warm outfit.


He has some long johns for the cold weather.

I couldn't help myself. We witness this multiple times a week. I will embarrass him with this one day.

I watched a friend's 3 month old, Jackson. Whew. There is a reason a woman can't biologically have 9 month and 3 month old babies. If I put Jackson down, Ben attacked him thinking he was a new fun toy. I tried to get a picture of the three of us and this is what I got. Ha! Not my best picture, but you get the idea.

Ben finding his new toy.

We got a little snow that day. Huge flakes, but only for a short time Can you see any of them?

There aren't too many good things about living two states north of all our family excet that Christmas can come in the mail and I don't like to wait. Grammy sent this new bookshelf for Ben. Today, he spent 15 minutes alone, quietly taking the books out and "reading." I love it!

1 comment:

Edwin and Lilly said...

Happy 9 months Ben!! One year will come before you know it! :)