Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's Official...

We are Kansans.
I never thought of myself as a gal with a lot of Texas pride, but I must say I was a bit sad as they handed me my Kansas license plate today (singular, you only need one in the back here). The line was much shorter than I ever experienced in Dallas or Houston, so that was a nice bonus. We went to the DMV last week and got our temporary Kansas driver's licenses. The temporary, paper license has your picture on it - how cool is that?! We like Kansas just fine, but Texas is the only state I have ever known and I guess I was a little more attached than I thought. I took this commemorative picture to always remember my Texas roots. Go Astros! (That is for Ryan - we will always cheer for our Houston teams no matter where we live.)
Goodbye Texas plates.

I must admit, that is a pretty cool temporary driver's license.

But look what they did to my Texas license.

2 comments:

Edwin and Lilly said...

Yay Amber! So glad to find your new blog. It will be fun to journey with you & Ryan in your new life in Kansas! We definitely miss y'all. Keep up the awesome updates!

Anonymous said...

Shoot, when we moved to Dallas they CONFISCATED our Arizona licenses! Not cool. And since there was no picture on the temporary license, I had NO picture ID for the 10 days or whatever it took them to mail me my new one. Thankfully I didn't need one.

You guys will always be Texans to me. (But Go Rangers!)